The next Smite Season 8 update is scheduled for February 23, the end of this month. As is usually the case with Hi-Rez games, the Titan Forge team has already posted a patch note for the 8.2-Shioumi Goddess. This update is named after a new addition to the sacred composition of the game introduced by Tiamat, the second god of Babylonian mythology.
She may be a giant winged creature, but in Smite Tiamat acts as a magician-class god. This god has both flying and ground stances that play a role in some of her abilities. For example, the Death Gets Life ability allows Tiamat to withdraw health from the deaths of both nearby allies and enemies in a flying position. But in her ground posture, she can magnify the hard scale and provide more protection. Of course, because there is flight, there is a diving attack. (It may be strange not to do so.)
Following the release of Tiamat on February 23. At this time, there was no information on this. However, the patch notes do contain much quality of life changes and bug fixes. Of course, there are many new skins to admire.
All of Tiamat’s abilities
DEATH BEGETS LIFE
- While in Flying stance Tiamat gains health from nearby ally and enemy deaths, less from minions. In-Ground stance she gains up to 5 Hardened Scales, damage mitigation that breaks after a certain amount of damage is taken. Normal minions do not provide Hardened Scales.
- Large heal: 40 + 8 per level
- Small heal: 5 + 0.5 per level
- Scale Mitigation: 60%
- Shield value: 50 + 10 per level
Tiamat’s passives are the same and only change depending on her position. While in her flying position, she will gain health with every death, regardless of whether the other god is on your side. When a minion dies, it gets less.
While on the ground, Tiamat gains a hard scale that reduces damage. Tiamat’s hardened scales remain on it until some damage is dealt. Therefore, as she struggles with God, over time she becomes weaker.
PRIMORDIAL ONSLAUGHT (Flying stance)
- Tiamat gathers power, allowing her to fire orbs of energy at the end of the channel. Each orb damages enemies and stops on enemy gods. Hitting the same enemy deals 15% less damage each time, to a minimum of 70% reduction. This ability can fire additional projectiles at ranks 3 and 5.
- Damage: 60/70/80/90/100 (+55% of your Magical Power)
- Cost: 55/60/65/70/75
- Cooldown: 10
While flying, Tiamat recharges attack energy in one lane, which fires several projectiles. As this ability increases, she gains additional projectiles that can be charged to attack. If you hit the same target, each projectile deals less damage. For example, if Tiamat attacks God with this ability three times, the third attack deals 30% less damage than the first.
CONSUME (Grounded stance)
- Tiamat fires a cone dealing damage and slowing enemies hit. Minions, Large Monsters or Buff Holders hit under a health threshold are executed. Tiamat can immediately consume her Serpent and Beast pets to provide a Hardened Scale. When Tiamat consumes a Buff Holder she gains their buff while the original can still be picked up by allies. This allows Tiamat to pick up a second buff as well. Tiamat can only have one consumed and one regular buff at a time.
- Damage: 60/95/130/165/200 (+60% of your Magical Power)
- Slow: 25% for 1.5s
- Execute Threshold: 30/35/40/45/50%
- Cost: 55/60/65/70/75
- Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8
While Tiamat is on the ground, she can activate a cone ability that slows down the enemies in front of her. When her enemy’s defeat falls below a certain threshold, she can absorb her enemy, much like Bakasura. If Tiamat consumes a large jungle camp minion with a buff, Tiamat can absorb and use that buff. However, the jungle minion grants this buff so that one of Tiamat’s allies can grab him. She can have either an absorbed buff or a regular buff, making it a great option to become a jungle god.
- Tiamat creates an energy field dealing low damage to enemies in the entire area and then a larger amount in the inner area. The inner area of the field also stuns enemies for a short duration.
- Area Damage: 40/55/70/85/100 (+30% of your Magical Power)
- Inner Damage: 60/95/130/165/200 (+40% of your Magical Power)
- Stun Duration: 1s
- Cost: 65/70/75/80/85
- Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12
Thanks to this ability, Tiamat has a circular triangle in front of him during flight to activate the ability. The triangle has two layers. Enemies in the outer triangle take minor damage, while enemies in the center triangle take even more damage and are stunned for 1 second. Players will likely use this attack to set up an ambush.
- Tiamat slams the ground creating seismic rifts that erupt in succession in front of her, damaging and knocking up enemies hit.
- Damage: 50/80/110/140/170 (+50% of your Magical Power)
- Cost: 65/70/75/80/85
- Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10