Your Instagram search history is nothing to be ashamed of – until it is. If you’ve discovered profiles that are embarrassing, regrettable or offensive, this could be a winning move to remove all traces of your questionable judgments.
Fortunately, it’s possible to destroy evidence once you know that, and you can get the job done using a website or mobile app.
Historical records are not permanent, and you can effectively do digital book burning if you follow the right steps. Let us discuss how to clear your Instagram search history using the site and mobile app.
Clear your Instagram search history on the site
If you want an easy way to clear your Instagram search history, no such method exists. Both the website and the mobile app hide the feature inside their guts, and navigating the maze can be exhausting.
However, if you’re good at directions, you can clear your Instagram search history through the site using these steps:
- Go to Instagram.com and sign in
- Click your profile icon and choose Settings
- Click Privacy and Security
- Click View Account Data under Account Data
- Click View All under Search history
- lick Clear Search History and Clear All to confirm
Clear your Instagram search history with the mobile app
For those who prefer to use the mobile app, you can clear your Instagram search history using these steps:
- Launch Instagram and tap your profile icon
- Tap the More Options (hamburger) icon and choose Settings
- Then, tap Security
- Tap Access data under Data and history
- Select View All under Search history
- Tap Clear Search History and Clear All to confirm