All web browsers remember the list of web pages you visit. You can delete browser history list at any time by clearing your browsing history and deleting tracks stored on your computer, smartphone or tablet. Each browser has its own separate history, so if you have used more than one browser you will need to clear the history in several places. But one question arise here that where this history data store and how we can delete all browser history?
In future, you can use private browsing mode to browse sensitive websites without keeping browser history. After this you will not need to clear the history.
Before deleting the history first we have to know what is browser and how it work? So let start
What is Browser?
A browser is an application program that allows you to view and interact with all information on the World Wide Web. This includes web pages, videos, and images.
The term “browser” dates back to before the Internet as a generic term for a user interface that allows you to view (navigate and read) text files on the Internet. Many people today will be using web browsers to access the Internet and this is almost seen as a necessity by how many people navigate in their day to day life.
A web browser is a client program that uses HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) to make requests to web servers over the Internet on behalf of the browser user. Most browsers support email and File Transfer Protocol (FTP), but these Internet protocols do not require a web browser and more specialized client programs are more popular.
Popular web browsers
Google Chrome is currently one of the most used browsers. Other browsers include:
- Firefox– which was developed by Mozilla.
- Microsoft Edge- used a replacement for Internet Explorer, with Windows 10.
- Internet explorer- relegated to the past, Microsoft has mostly replaced Internet Explorer with Edge.
- Safari– a browser for Apple computers and mobile devices.
- Lynx- a text-only browser for UNIX shell and VMS users.
- Opera– a fast and stable browser that’s compatible with most relatively operating systems.
- Flock- an open source browser based on Firefox and optimized for Web 2.0 features such as blogging and Social bookmarking.
Now you know what is browser and how it works. But in your mind a question is comes before deleting the browser history. What type of data or information browser store. I will tell you everything what type of information is store in history?
This information is stored in your browser
- Browsing history- What you search.
- Download history – This is just the list of files you’ve downloaded,
- cookies and other site data – bits of text give websites information
- cached images and files – Your cache contains local copies of images and other elements that make the page loading process quicker.
- passwords and other sign-in data – credentials is store for later use.
- site settings – These include the permissions you give websites,
How to delete browser history in Chrome and Firefox?
Delete Chrome and Firefox history
Step 1: Press Ctrl+Shift+Delete (Windows) or CMD+Shift+Delete (macOS)
Step 2: Select the time range for which you want to clear your browsing history
Step 3: Then click on Clear data
How to delete browser history Safari history
- In the menu at the top of the screen, click History
- Click Clear History
- Select the period of time for which you want to clear your Safari history
- Click Clear History
How to delete browser history on Phone?
Step 1: Click on three dot on top right.
Step 2: Now a popup will open. search setting and click on that.
Step 3: Tap on Privacy and security and clear browser data.
Step 4: Now a new page open. Select the time range that you want to delete browser data.
Step 5: Click on Clear data
Q) Does deleting the browser history data affect your personal data of phone or desktop?
A) No, it does not affect
Q) Browser save your information is it safe?
A) Yes, All the information which save is always encrypted. No one can see your data
Q) Can browser history be traced after deleted?
A) Even if you delete all or part of your activities, Google retains a record of how you use your web browser in relation to the data you delete.
Q) Can parents see your history if you delete it?
A) No, if you have deleted your search and website history, there is no way anyone can know about which websites you have visited except Google.