DJI’s unannounced Air 2S drone has leaked in a series of images published by Technik News and Winfuture’s Roland Quandt. The images have surfaced since the drone was listed by the FCC last month, suggesting a launch may not be far off. The DJI Air2S will be an updated version of last year’s Mavic Air2 and will be compatible with new DJI devices such as the Google V2 and Motion Controller.
DJI Air 2S camera Sensor Specification
- A new render, as well as a teaser trailer posted by verified Liquor OccitaLV earlier this week, showed the drone with a 1-inch 20-megapixel sensor. Although it has a lower resolution than the 48MP 1/2-inch sensor found in the Mavic Air 2.
- Its larger physical size should have big performance benefits, especially in low light. The Maid has the same specs as the Mavic 2 Pro with excellent image quality.
— OsitaLV (@OsitaLV) April 5, 2021
4. In addition to regular flights using the app, compatibility with Google will allow you to fly drones from a first-person perspective. The Air2S is not expected to be capable of the acrobatic flight you can get from a DJI FPV, but Google should provide a more immersive aircraft experience for those who want it.
5. Other minor changes include the loss of the Mavic brand in the name and an improvement to version 4 of the DJI Active Track standard, Technic News Notes, which should improve the object tracking during filming.
6. The new DJI Occidental 3.0 standard also has support with low latency. Despite the same 3500mAh battery, the Air 2S seems to be a bit heavier than the 30m Mavic Air 2.
— Nils Ahrensmeier (@NilsAhrDE) April 6, 2021